How bad can Yoplait be? Sure it’s way too sweet for me these days, thanks to tons of High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), but hey, it’s yogurt.
Apparently, HFCS is not the only problem. According to Good Guide’s Five Snacks Your Kids Should Avoid some mercury was detected in the HFCS in Yoplait. Bad news. Read on for more on snacks to avoid.
- Chef Boyardee Macaroni and Cheese
- Horizon Reduced Fat Milk, Strawberry
- Keebler Club Crackers Snack Sticks
- Snyders of Hanover Pretzel Snack Mix
- Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
I don’t know how they chose those five to highlight, since it seems like there are tons that could have made the list, but what’s helpful is that they describe their specific dietary crimes:
- Lots of sodium (mac & cheese, pretzels)
- Lots of sugar (reduced fat milk–do they try to make up for the fat by adding sugar?)
- Lots of High Fructose Corn Syrup (snack sticks), which has shown to include mercury in some products (Yoplait)
If one of those ingrediets is at or near the beginning of the list of ingredients on a snack you’re considering for yourself or or a child, better reach for some fresh fruit or veggies or check out GoodGuide’s highest rated snacks. My favorite naturally sweet snack: dates.