A couple of years ago, I worked at an office where EVERY print job printed a wasteful “cover page.” It drove me nuts. The IT guy told me there was nothing to be done about it.
They need GreenPrint. We all need GreenPrint.
I downloaded the GreenPrint World Edition, which is Free. It’s easy to download, install and use.
It’s a great way to see what you’re going to print, especially extra pages that sneak in, especially when printing from websites.
- GreenPrint automatically takes out extra wasted pages.
- You can set how the software filters “waste”. For example, one criteria is “Pages with only a header and a footer”.
- You also get to select which pages to print or take out.
- You can take out images.
- You can create a PDF instead of printing.
- It tracks paper saved and money saved.
The savings is in paper AND toner, and energy. An excellent Everyday Sustainable technology solution.
Oh, and don’t forget to recycle paper. Just flip it over in the tray.