My Muni Pass (public transit pass) definitely makes Everyday Sustainable.
I don’t have to have exact change, or any change for that matter. Psychologically, I find it easier to hop on any bus that comes by even if it’s just for a few blocks. And having the pass makes me more likely to take public transit than to drive.
For example, TODAY,
- I took a bus to a meeting 3.5 miles away,
- then the subway (BART) to go to a bookstore,
- and then rode the cable car home.
OK, the bonus of the Muni Pass in San Francisco is that I can use it on the cable cars, which at $5 a ride is not something most locals would take. But since I can flash my pass and take the cable car to one block from my home, it’s an Everyday Sustainable option.
Why it’s Everyday Sustainable:
- Environment: Public transit helps reduce my carbon footprint.
- Personal: Convenient and Economical — if used enough.